Exercise and fitness is so important when it comes to having a well-balanced, and healthy lifestyle.
It’s medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
My personal routine includes weight training four days a week with cardio or low intensity exercises on my off days. I like doing cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach, and my weight training in the evening. I find it’s much easier to break it up into two sessions, and I find I have more energy for my weight lifting in the later part of the day. If I’m trying to shred or lower my body fat in a short amount of time, I incorporate cardio on the weekends too.
I rest 60 seconds only between exercises. This keeps my workouts moving along a little more intense.
I spend no more than an hour in the gym either doing cardio or lifting weights in one session. No more. Overtraining does not give you results any faster!
My Super Shredder Workout Program: