Happy Easter from here in New Zealand, to you ~ wherever you are!
Given this day of celebration, I thought it was only appropriate to gift you with this sweet little recipe ~ which I came up with in my kitchen today, with you in mind! I hope you enjoy these delectable little treats as much as Cam and I did… these are t.d.f. (to die for).
As most of my recipes are, these are sugar-free, dairy-free, paleo, low carb, raw, and incredibly mouth-watering good! Try these for yourself, and if you love them, please come back and rate my recipe and feel free to share with your family and friends too! Happy Easter to you and yours, and wishing you a very blessed day…
…Now for my recipe!
Divine Dark-Chocolate Morsels
Dietary Info: GF/DF/EF/SF/PA/V & Vegan (*see notes at end of post for dietary codes)
Makes 14 chocolate morsels
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 1 Tbs. raw honey
- 1/4 tsp. sweet leaf stevia vanilla creme flavor (OR another 1 Tbs. raw honey)
- 2 tsp. natural vanilla extract or paste
- 1/4 c. + 2 Tbs. raw cocoa powder
- 1 Tbs. espresso grind (or plunger coffee grind – not instant)
- 14 whole walnuts, macadamia nuts or nuts of choice
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Fill a small saucepan with about an inch of water and heat on medium-high on stovetop until boiling. Place a metal or ceramic bowl on top that is large enough that it won’t fall in.
- Turn off heat and add coconut oil and all liquid ingredients and whisk till melted and runny. (Heat from steam of the boiling water should assist melting process, so it shouldn’t take long).
- Add ground coffee and continue to stir in hot coconut mixture for 2-3 minutes. Add cocoa powder and whisk till smooth. Set aside.
- Take an empty ice-tray and place a nut in the bottom of each cube mold. Carefully pour chocolate mixture evenly into each individual mold on top of nut. Sprinkle a few grains of sea salt on top of each one, then place ice tray in freezer for 15-20 minutes on a flat surface until completely cool and firm.
- To remove chocolate morsels easily, run warm water on bottom of ice tray for a few seconds to release, twist tray gently as you would to pop ice cubes out, then transfer to plates or candy jar. Store in an airtight container in fridge to keep for up to two weeks, or freezer for up to two months.
Special Dietary Needs:
- Gluten Free/Grain Free = GF
- Dairy Free = DF
- Egg Free = EF
- Nut Free = NF
- Sugar Free = SF
- Paleo Approved = PA
- Vegetarian = V
- Low Carb = LC
The above codes for specific dietary requirements will be found under each recipe title