This is my own version of the traditional “Eggnog”, except it’s dairy free, 100% RAW and tastes absolutely amazing! I have been experimenting with new recipes using my favorite Vanilla Warrior Blend Raw Protein Powder by Sun Warrior, and the blend of spices and flavors in this smoothie, combined with the delicious creaminess of the vanilla protein powder resulted in — well — your traditional Eggnog. So yummy.
Dietary Info: GF/DF/SF/PA/V and Vegan! (*see notes at end of post for dietary codes)
- 1/3 c. organic coconut milk, full fat
- 2/3 c. ice cold water or almond milk
- 1 scoop warrior blend vanilla protein powder by sun warrior
- half a frozen banana
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. natural vanilla flavor
- 1 tsp. natural rum flavor
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 fresh raw organic egg, separated
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds
- Place milk, water, protein powder, frozen banana, honey, flavoring, spices and raw egg yolk into blender. Blend on high for 20 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Add chia seeds to blended smoothie and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg white on high speed for about a minute, or until stiff peak forms.
- Fold egg white into smoothie and stir to combine.
- Pour and enjoy!
I like to sprinkle some extra cinnamon and nutmeg on top (it looks pretty) and I’ve also tried it with some slivered almonds sprinkled on top which was so yummy, but you really don’t need to add anything else to this – it has such lovely flavors you will want to savor every last sip!
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories: 400, Fat 22, Carbs 26, Protein 25
Special Dietary Needs:
Gluten Free/Grain Free = GF
Dairy Free = DF
Sugar Free = SF
Paleo Approved = PA
Vegetarian = V
Low Carb = LC
The above codes for specific dietary requirements will be found under each recipe title