These protein bars were a total experiment, and I have to say – I wasn’t expecting much out of them. I threw a batch together last night, in hopes that by preparing these a day a head it would give me one less thing to worry about when my mid-afternoon hunger came around. And let’s just say – I was pleasantly surprised.
As you probably know by now, I am addicted to the Sun Warrior RAW Protein Powder Range…it’s the best – end of story. I thought it would be fun to try and make a protein ‘bar’ out of it, and this is how it turned out. Like fudge. Chocolate fudge. Rocky road Fudge. So yummy, it felt like I was having a dessert instead of a ‘protein bar’. I’m saving this recipe, and will definitely be making this again…I’m even tempted to use this protein powder in other dessert recipes it’s so delicious…we’ll see!
Raw Chocolate Fudge Brownies (100% Raw and Vegan!)
(Feel free to drizzle some homemade almond cookie butter on top)
Dietary Info: GF/DF/SF/PA/V
Makes 10 fudge bars/58g each
- 3 scoops sun warrior vanilla warrior blend raw protein powder
- 2 scoops sun warrior chocolate warrior blend raw protein powder
- 2 Tbs. (16g) 100% natural and organic cocoa powder
- 3 Tbs. (22g) coconut (I like to roast slightly in my non-stick fry pan till golden – it just adds a nice extra bit of flavor)
- 3 Tbs. (24g) ground LSA Super Fruits OR ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ginger
Mix all of the above ingredients in medium size mixing bowl until well combined. In a separate small bowl, mix the following:
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste OR 3 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 12 Tbs. Homemade almond milk (OR organic almond milk) + 4-6 Tbs. water
- Mix vanilla bean paste and almond milk well and then slowly stir into dry ingredients. Add water 1 Tbs. at a time, until mixture resembles a thick ‘fudge’. Don’t add too much water, you want this to be very thick.
- In a food processor, ‘pulse’ 30g macadamia nuts, and 30g walnuts until nuts are a nice ‘crumbly’ texture.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture evenly on the bottom of a silicone 8.5″ x 4.5″ bread pan (or normal bread pan with baking paper down first). Carefully press fudge mixture in an even layer on top of nut crumble. (optional) Sprinkle 4 sachets sweete (equiv to 4 tsp sugar) on top. Cover and put into fridge or freezer. Wait a few hours to cut into fudge/bars.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 117, Fat 7.7g, Carb 4g, Protein 10g
Special Dietary Needs:
Gluten Free/Grain Free = GF
Dairy Free = DF
Sugar Free = SF
Paleo Approved = PA
Vegetarian = V
The above codes for specific dietary requirements will be found under each recipe title.