I’m going to try and keep this as short and sweet as I can, because the sooner you get this recipe, the better!
This is what I made today for lunch! As I mentioned in my previous post, since I finished my detox I’ve decided to eat a lot more raw LIVE foods… 60-70% RAW is my daily goal, so recipes like this make it super easy. This was incredibly delicious, surprisingly filling, and the combination of flavors… well, you just have to try this for yourself!
Here’s my recipe.
Cream of Beet Summer Soup (it’s summer here in New Zealand, in case you’re wondering why I’m making summer recipes already)
Dietary Info: GF/DF/SF/V (and Vegan)
Serves 1 (a large bowl)
120g raw beets, washed/ends removed and chopped into chunks (no need to peel)
1 c. homemade stock (or high quality, organic – good tasting)
1 clove garlic
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground coriander
15g (3 Tbs.) ground flaxseed (I use this not only to thicken the puree, but flax has so many benefits to your health as well!)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. (60mL) natural coconut cream, reserve 1 Tbs. for garnish (I use UHT Natural Coconut Cream, it’s got the best flavor & consistancy I’ve tried so far)
For the garnish: (optional)
fresh coriander seeds
fresh coriander leaves
1 Tbs. of coconut cream (reserved)
- Place first 6 ingredients in blender, puree until creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- With an electric whisk, blend coconut cream on high for 2-3 minutes, or until frothy.
- Spoon coconut cream into blender, reserving 1 Tbs. for garnish. Stir gently until mixed evenly.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind 1 tsp. fresh coriander seeds.
- Pour soup from blender into your favorite bowl. Spoon remaining coconut cream on top, sprinkle with freshly ground coriander seeds and top with fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 227, Fat 17g, Carb 16g, Protein 6g
Special Dietary Needs:
Gluten Free/Grain Free = GF
Dairy Free = DF
Sugar Free = SF
Paleo Approved = PA
Vegetarian = V (and VEGAN)
The above codes for specific dietary requirements will be found under each recipe title.